Ballston Lake Historical Photos

Village of Ballston Lake

The photo below was taken sometime between 1907 and 1915. The Ballston Lake Hotel (now Carney’s) is prominent on the right side of the street, just past the tracks. On the left side of the street—just visible—are both the train station and a rail car.

BL
Source: Town of Clifton Park History Collection

Note: This image above apparently is reversed in most historical collections. It has been flipped here to match correctly with the railroad track location as compared below in the street view photo.

Street View

Ballston Lake Train Station

The train staion was next to the McKain Feed and Grain store (the white building to the right). Mail was delivered to the station three times a week and the station housed the Western Union Telegraph & Cable Office. The top photo was taken sometime between 1907 and 1915, the photo on the botton was taken in 1905.

BL
Source: Town of Clifton Park History Collection

BL
Source: Town of Ballston Historian's Office

^ top ^